Opportunities for high power RF amplifier shipments
As per the recent published report by a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global high power RF amplifier market exceeds a valuation of $4.6bn at present, and is slated to accelerate at a CAGR of 12.3% over the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The market had registered an annual growth of 9.7% during 2016 to 2020. Study anticipates significant potential in the market, owing to rapidly rising popularity of wireless infrastructure. Widening expansion of 5G cellular networks will remain predominantly responsible for the demand growth of high power RF amplifiers, in addition to incessant penetration of smart devices and connected technology.
Established and newly entering semiconductor manufacturers in certain economies, including China, India, Japan, and the US, are estimated to stimulate the development of new business models. High power RF amplifier manufacturers will benefit from augmenting demand for advanced consumer electronics and network products, pushing IoT and wireless infrastructure areas further forward.
Key takeaways from market study
- Cellular application is expected to remain the most attractive segment and witness sales of $6bn by 2031.
- Based on industry, the medical and automotive segments are anticipated to be the most lucrative with a market share of 6.2% and 8.3%, respectively, by 2031.
- Based on region, demand for high power RF amplifiers is expected to increase at a CAGR of 11.7% and 13.4% in the Middle East & Africa and North America, respectively, over the forecast period (2021 to 2031).
- Together, North America and Europe represented over 30% of global market share in 2020
- The market in Latin America is expected to be valued at over $900m by 2031.
“Increasing adoption of smart televisions, tablets, smart watches, smartphones, and smart homes devices is likely to drive global sales of high power RF amplifiers,” said a Senior Research Analyst.
The beginning of industrial automation has seen numerous evolutionary stages, with major advancements in design, ideas, and technology. There has been a new drift of communication/connection between machines, called M2M (machine to machine) communication or IoT.
Market stakeholders and the industrial sector are leveraging use of wireless communications and mobiles to connect equipment and machines together. Manufacturers are relying on a streamlined supply chain and collaborations with end-use industries to increase revenue generation from high power RF amplifiers.
To read the full report, click here.