New version of Flex Power Designer Software released
Flex Power Modules has released version 4.5 of their popular ‘Flex Power Designer’ (FPD) Tool which enables detailed simulation, configuration and optimisation of power systems using the company’s DC/DC converter products.
Highlights of the new version are:
- A new 3D visualisation tool
- Support for Xilinx Versal Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP)
- A bus voltage optimisation feature
- New enhanced thermal models for certain parts
- Support for new products such as BMR313, BMR314, BMR320
- Improvements and bug fixes
- SMBus tool for control and production programming now available as a separate download
The new features add to the existing capabilities of the tool to predict detailed behaviour of a power system, including efficiency, power dissipation, transient response and output impedance.
Relationships between voltage rails can be defined and displayed including paralleling, phase spreading, sequencing and fault spreading, using the standard PMBus protocol.
FPD is free-to-use software, downloadable from the Flex Power Modules website. Existing users can simply upgrade to the new version 4.5 via an update link in the application.
Anders Sellin, Strategic Product Manager of Flex Power Modules comments: “This major new revision of our power designer tool will make it even easier for users to visualise the performance of Flex Power Modules products, both physically with the 3D simulation feature and electrically with a range of new functions.”
This tool is downloadable from the Flex Power Modules website.