Increased power supply functionality with boost feature
Additions to the 600W PMC series of panel mount power supply with output voltages of 12V and 48V, namely, PMC-12V600W1BA and PMC-48V600W1BA, have been introduced by Delta Electronics. The products come with universal AC input at 85Vac to 264Vac and have built-in active PFC circuit.
Both models also have the added feature of a Power Boost of 200% (peak load 12V 100A, 48V 25A) for three seconds, included also is built-in fan speed control and fan lock protections.
This innovative Power Boost feature, is the reserve power which is constantly available that allows reliable start-up to support sudden and short spike of loads with high inrush current typically during systems start-up which then removes the need of more expensive higher rated power supply unit.
The products are certified with IEC/EN/UL 62368-1 approval that will replace IEC/EN/UL 60950-1 for ITE which expires on December 20th, 2020. EMI according to EN 55011 (Industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) radio-frequency equipment) and EMS according to EN 61000-6-2 (Immunity for industrial environments).
These units are suitable for many industrial applications.
- Universal AC input range.
- Built-in active PFC and high efficiency.
- Power Boost of 200% for three seconds and 150% for five seconds.
- SEMI F47 compliance at 120Vac.
- Meet Surge Immunity IEC 61000-4-5, Level 4 (CM: 4kV, DM: 2kV).
- Built-in fan speed control and fan lock protection.
- Wide operating temperature range -20 to +70°C
- Overvoltage / overcurrent / over temperature / short circuit protections.