High-efficiency smart power 3-phase motor drive
A new high power 3-Phase Bridge drive designed to precisely deliver current to windings of 3-Phase Brush and Brushless DC Motors, with a high-efficiency MOSFET drive stage has been introduced by Data Device Corporation (DDC). The new PWR-82335 motor drive offers up to an 8 times improvement in power efficiency compared with the previous generation PWR-82331 bridge drive, and is a pin compatible direct replacement.
The new rugged, compact 3-phase motor drive hybrid (PWR-82335) utilises a high-efficiency MOSFET drive stage with 200VDC rating, to deliver a high-speed switching frequency of up to 50kHz and a high current capability of up to 30A to the motor.
Featuring an extended -55 to 125°C temperature range, with available military processing options, the PWR-82335 is suitable for harsh, space constrained defense and aerospace environments.
- Suitable for harsh defense and aerospace environments, being able to endure extreme:
- Shock and Vibration
- Temperature (-55 to 125°C)
- Provides constant output performance for switching frequencies from DC to 50kHz
- Powerful MOFSET drive stage enables:
- High speed switching frequency up to 50kHz
- High current, up to 30A
- High efficiency, up to an 8x improvement over earlier generation PWR-82331 motor drive
- Pin compatible direct replacement for PWR-82331 hybrid motor drive
“Packaged in a small, ruggedised case, with a high-efficiency MOSFET drive stage, this high-reliability motor drive is an excellent choice for harsh, space constrained defense and aerospace environments requiring optimised performance” stated Michael Agic, DDC Product Line Manager, Motor Controllers.