First docking station with full power delivery for Mac
The release of the Thunderbolt 3 has been announced by StarTech.com as the company’s first Dual-4K Docking Station with full Power Delivery (SKUs: TB3DK2DPPDUE) to charge and power the latest generation MacBook Pro or Thunderbolt 3 equipped Windows laptops. This docking station adds to StarTech.com’s growing line of Thunderbolt 3 products.
Not only is this one of the first Thunderbolt 3 docking stations on the market with laptop charging, it also comes with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable. The extra cable gives the user instant ability to connect to an additional DisplayPort monitor, without having to purchase extra cables or adapters.
“The new StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Docking Station reinforces our continued commitment to tap into the full potential available from Thunderbolt 3 technology and to create a high-performance docking station workspace”, said Nirav Gandhi, Director, Product Development, StarTech.com.
Business professionals will appreciate increased productivity from dual 4K/UHD displays with highly advanced resolution, contrast, and colour depth to see photos, videos, applications, and text with fine detail. A/V professionals, graphic designers, engineers, drafters or other graphic artists can now create, edit and view multiple streams of graphics, video and audio HD and/or 4K content with enough headroom to connect multiple HD or 4K displays (or a single 5K display) simultaneously.
"At 40Gbps, Thunderbolt 3 delivers high-resolution video capable of driving two uncompressed 4K video streams, data and power to charge a laptop, all through a single cable", said Jason Ziller, General Manager, Client Connectivity Division at Intel. "StarTech.com’s Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Docking Station with full Power Delivery showcases how users can take full advantage of Thunderbolt 3.”
Highlights of the new docking station are:
- Thunderbolt 3 host port providing up to 40Gbps bandwidth throughput
- 170W power adapter for efficient powering and charging (up to 85W) of your laptop or MacBook Pro
- Connection to two DisplayPort monitors right out of the box, with a 6ft USB-C to DisplayPort cable included
- Thunderbolt 3 output port compatible with USB-C cable and devices
- Two additional USB 3.0 Type-A device ports, and one additional USB-C and Gigabit Ethernet port
- Second daisy chainable Thunderbolt 3 port for connection to multiple peripherals
- Single 5K resolution supported on 5K capable Thunderbolt 3 monitor
- Support for battery charging BC 1.2 spec to charge mobile devices
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40Gb/s, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power.