Automotive eight channel Class D amplifier design
The TIDA-00733 is a reference design from Texas Instruments is for an eight-channel, Class-D amplifier that is capable of driving 2-Ω loads and an off-battery step-down power supply with five and 3.3V outputs. The amplifier design provides audio inputs for each audio channel.
A high-performance audio analogue-to-digital converter (ADC) creates the digital data stream from the audio inputs and creates the digital timing for the system.
- Operating voltage range: 4.5 to 18V.
- Withstands transients to 40V.
- A 2.1MHz switching frequency for both power supply and Class D amplifiers.
- 45 watts per channel into two ohms at ten percent total harmonic distortion plus noise.
- Passes CISPR-25 Class 5 radiated emissions.
To learn more, click here.