Littelfuse TVS Diode Arrays Provide 20 Percent Higher Protection against Lightning Induced Surges and ESD
Littelfuse has introduced the SRDA05 Series of TVS SPA Diode Arrays. The SRDA05 Series is designed to protect telecommunications data lines against electrostatic discharge (ESD) and high surge events, providing a 20 percent higher power and surge handling capability than competitive devices on the market.By i
Typical applications of these devices include tertiary (IC side) protection for telecommunication interfaces such as T1/E1/T3/E3 data lines, xDSL interfaces, RS-232/RS-485 interfaces, 10/100/1000 Ethernet interfaces and video lines. They are also suitable for industrial and medical equipment applications.
“The SRDA05 Series offers the highest surge, power dissipation, and ESD performance available for devices of this type, providing design engineers the flexibility to build in additional margin against electrical threats as defined by industry standards,” said Chad Marak, Director of the LittelfuseTVS Diode Arrays product line. “For example, when compared with leading competitors, the SRDA05 Series has a much higher surge rating (30A vs. 25A), power dissipation rating (600W vs.500W), and ESD rating (30kV vs. 8kV).”
The SRDA05 Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key features and benefits:
• Robust surge protection: Lightning, IEC61000-4-5, 30A (8/20µs); Peak pulse power, 600W (8/20µs)
• Low dynamic resistance (RDYN) of only 0.8Ω
• Low capacitance of 8pF (typ.) from I/O to GND
• Enhanced ESD capability: IEC61000-4-2, ±30kV contact, ±30kV air
• 20 percent higher power and surge handling capability than similar market solutions; offers more design margin to electrical threats defined by industry standards
• Provides optimal clamping voltage for today’s sensitive chipsets, protecting them from catastrophic failure and maximizing system reliability
• Capacitance up to 20 percent lower than similar market solutions; helps to preserve signal integrity, minimizes data loss during transmission
• Enhanced ESD protection far exceeds the highest level of the IEC61000-4-2 standard (±8kV)
The SRDA05 Series TVS Diode Arrays are available in quantities of 2,500 in tape and reel packaging. Samples are available now for bulk orders; sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.