Snubber Series With More Terminal Configurations And Higher Capacitance Values
TDK Corporation has significantly extended its range of EPCOS snubber film capacitors: A total of 17 different terminal configurations are now available, enabling them to protect an even broader spectrum of IGBT modules against voltage peaks.
The snubber capacitors of the MKP B32656S* to B32658S* series are distinguished by their high pulse strength and the reliability of their contacts. In addition, these components offer extremely low ESL values. The series comprises 17 terminal configurations of tin-plated copper straps with a hole spacing of 19.5 mm to 63 mm. These snubber capacitors now cover a voltage range from 850 V DC to 2000 V DC and a capacitance range from 68 nF to 5.6 µF. All types are designed for temperatures of up to +110 °C.
- IGBT: The insulated-gate bipolar transistor is a semiconductor component used to switch power in frequency converters
- Protection of IGBT modules in frequency converters against voltage peaks (snubbering)
Main features and benefits
- Total of 17 different terminal configurations
- High pulse strength and rated voltages up to 2000 V DC
- High capacitance values up to 5.6 µF