Pulse proof high power thick film chip resistors
Surge protection is becoming essential for all circuit designs. With the SG73 series, KOA offers a resistor series which has approximately ten times higher pulse handling capability compared to standard flat chip resistors. Due to this pulse load capability these are suitable for protection of electronic circuits against extreme pulses and surges. These resistors are available with ±10% or ±20% resistance tolerance.
KOA has recently optimised the resistive material and the production process, and is now able to offer the SG73S, SG73P and SG73Gseries also with tighter tolerances of ±1%, ±0.5% and ±0.25%.
The KOA SG73S series is a special anti-surge resistor which is suitable for high peak voltages with short duration (e.g. ESD/CR discharge/rush current).
The SG73P series is a pulse-proof resistor which is suitable in case of higher power than rated power and pulse voltage is applied comparatively long (e.g. gate resistor of FET).
The SG73G series is a high precision pulse-proof resistor with T.C.R. ±50 ppm/K and the same one-pulse characteristics than the SG73P series.
- Pulse proof property
- Higher power ratings than std. FC’s
- Supposedly excellent in ESD characteristic (SG73, SG73S)
- High component and equipment reliability
- Resistance range 1Ω to 10MΩ
- Resistance tolerances down to ±0.25%
- Operating temperatures up to 155°C
- Tested acc. to AEC-Q200 requirements
- Anti-sulfuration type also available (SG73S/P_RT).