Polymer capacitors offer increased volumetric efficiency
Franchised distributor of electronic components, New Yorker Electronics, will be releasing a new series of vPolyTan multi-anode polymer surface-mount chip capacitors that delivers increased volumetric efficiency for computing, telecom and industrial applications. A 2017 Vishay Super 12 Featured Product, it combines polymer tantalum technology with Vishay’s patented multi-array packaging (MAP) to deliver what the company claims to be the industry’s highest capacitance density with best-in-class ESR.
Available in the molded EE (7343-43) case code, the capacitors released today offer up to 25% better volumetric efficiency than similar devices, which allows for higher capacitance and voltage ratings. For example, their capacitance of 150µF at 30V is three times higher in capacitance than the closest competing device. They also offer a capacitance tolerance of ±20% and overvoltage ratings up to 75V.
The advanced packaging of the T59 series ensures ultra-low ESR from 25mΩ to 150mΩ at +25°C and 100kHz. By replacing multiple lower-capacitance devices, T59 series capacitors reduce component counts to save PCB space and lower costs in solid-state drives, networking equipment and motherboards. In these products, the capacitors are intended for decoupling, smoothing, filtering and energy storage applications.
The T59 series features ripple current from 1.3-3.1A at 100kHz and an operating temperature range of -55 to 105°C. The capacitors are 100% surge current tested to ensure robust performance in high-inrush-current applications. RoHS-compliant, halogen-free and Vishay Green, they are made in both lead (Pb)-free and tin/lead (Sn/Pb) wraparound terminations. They are also available in tape-and-reel.
Features and benefits:
- Wide capacitance range: 15-470µF
- Voltage ratings up to 75V
- Patented MAP packaging offers 25% improvement in volumetric
- ESR down to 25mΩ; Multi-anode construction reduces ESR by 50%
- L-terminations reduce equivalent series inductance (ESL) by 33% while improving the electrical and mechanical connection to the PCB
- 100% surge current tested
- Molded case 7343 EIA size
- Lead (Pb)-free and tin/lead (Sn/Pb) wraparound terminations
- 12mm tape and reel packaging available
- Moisture sensitivity level three
- Decoupling and bypass capacitors in audio amplifiers and pre-amplifiers
- Filtering and voltage holdup in power conversion applications
- Bulk energy storage in Solid State Drives (SSD)
- Infrastructure equipment
- Storage and networking
- Computer motherboards
- Smartphones and tablets.