Dual channel PPTC with small footprint protects from overcurrents
Littelfuse has announced a new series of 250V Telecom PPTCs designed to help make telecom and network equipment more reliable. The TSM250-130 series protects against power cross and induced power surges as defined in ITU, Telcordia GR1089 and IEC 62368-1.
Because it combines two resistance-matched PPTCs in a single surface-mount housing, it reduces the board space required by 50%, simplifies assembly, and offers Tip and Ring resistance balance.
Part of the Littelfuse PolySwitch family of resettable overcurrent protection devices for telecommunications and networking equipment, the new series is well suited for:
- Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Central Office (CO) equipment
- Subscriber Line Interface Cards (SLIC)
- VoIP port on set top boxes
“Featuring two resistance-matched PPTCs in a single surface-mount housing, the TSM250-130 Series delivers Tip and Ring overcurrent protection while using 50% less PCB area,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “With its high surge capability, it helps end users comply with ITU-T K.20, K.21 and K.45 as well as Telcordia GR-1089 intra-building standards.”
The TSM250-130 Series PPTCs offer these benefits:
- Two 250V PPTCs in single housing reduces PCB area by 50%.
- Resistance matched PPTCs offer Tip and Ring resistance balance.
- Very high voltage surge capability aids compliance with industry certification.
The TSM250-130 Series PPTCs are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorised Littelfuse distributors worldwide.