Compact TVS diode array suitable for mobile devices
Circuit protection company, Littelfuse, has introduced a new series of small-footprint TVS Diode Arrays (SPA diodes) that are optimised for protecting high-speed signal pins. The SP3422-04UTG series 0.2pF 22kV TVS Diode Array integrates four channels of ultra-low capacitance rail-to-rail diodes and an additional zener diode to provide protection for electronic equipment that may be exposed to destructive electrostatic discharges (ESD).
This robust component can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC 61000-4-2 international standard without performance degradation.
Typical applications for SP3422-04UTG series TVS Diode Arrays include:
- ESD protection for V-by-One
- USB3.0, USB2.0, and IEEE 1394 interfaces
- MIPI camera or display interfaces
- Embedded display ports
- Serial bus interfaces such as IEEE 1394
- Flat panel displays
- LCD/LED televisions
- Smartphones, and other mobile computing devices
“The SP3422-04UTG series is just one-third the size of a typical four-line array, which permits straight-through routing, eliminating signal integrity issues with fan outs,” said Tim Micun, Business Development Manager/TVS Diode Arrays at Littelfuse. “Because it combines a small footprint with the lowest loading capacitance available in this format, it’s ideal for use in mobile devices, where board space is at a premium.”
SP3422-04UTG series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key benefits:
- Four lines of ESD protection in an outline smaller than a conventional SOD-882 package offers greater board space savings than discrete or dual-channel implementations
- Straight-through routing does not degrade signal integrity and eliminates the requirement to 'fan out' to make connection to the PCB pins
- Low parasitic capacitance (nominally 0.2pF) helps to maintain signal integrity, and suitable for high speed USB 3.0, MIPI, and DisplayPort interfaces
- This automotive-grade, Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 (MSL-1) product is capable of performing across a broad temperature range in harsh environments without performance degradation.