Compact cartridge fuse protects high voltage power supplies
A 600VDC ceramic body fuse has been introduced by Littlefuse - the 507 Series Cartridge Fuse has an interrupting rating of 150A at 650VDC in a 6x32mm package. Its high DC voltage rating, combined with current ratings from 1-8A, make it suitable for over-current protection in high-voltage DC power circuits.
As the power density that circuits must handle grows ever higher, these miniaturised high-voltage fuses are useful for DC power over-current protection.
The 507 Series Fuse is available in both standard cartridge and axial-leaded designs, is RoHS compliant and 100% lead free. Typical applications for the 507 Series include over-current protection for Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), PhotoVoltaic (PV) inverters, DC/DC converters and high-voltage power supplies.
“We designed the 507 Series Fuse specifically for the needs of the industrial systems market,” said Tim Patel, Global Strategic Marketing Manager at Littelfuse for the Industry 4.0 market. “Our goal was to give circuit designers an option for delivering the highest possible power to motors while providing protection in the smallest possible footprint.”
- Provides robust over-current protection for high-voltage DC power circuits, such as those found in VFDs, motor drives, and power inverters because it combines a high DC voltage rating of 650V with an interrupting rating of 150A at 650VDC in a 6x32mm footprint.
- Useful for DC power circuits in PhotoVoltaic (PV) inverters and Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) that operate at up to 650VDC with up to 150A available short circuit current.
- Small footprint simplifies creating compact designs for power conversion equipment that demands higher operating efficiencies.
- Current ratings from 1-8A are well suited for most commercially available 200V Class and 400V Class VFDs.
- A wide operating temperature range (-55 to 125°C) provides reliable protection in extreme temperature environments.