NICOMATIC 0.35mm Top Emitting Surface Mount LEDs
NICOMATIC has been a key partner to membrane switch manufacturers for many years providing SwitchAir metal domes for keyboards, adhesive spacers, Crimpflex connectors & machines. Since year 2005, the company has also been supplying UltraThin LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) with a low .5mm profile.The
The product will be officially launched February 1st, 2012 and we are pleased to inform our e-newsletter readers a few days ahead of this international launch.
NICOMATICs new 0.35mm Top Emitting Surface Mount LEDs are dedicated to membrane switches and are also successfully used in a number of other backlighting applications.
They maintain easy to place length and width (1206) and are thin enough to eliminate embossing and further reduce spacer material thickness (cost adders) to compensate for LED thickness. They are still with custom dimensions for the membrane switch industry but bring a value-added solution.
Nicomatic now offers LED 0.35mm products with 6 colours - green, yellow, orange, red, blue & white mostly available on stock. Discover our offering!
The new Super Ultrathin LEDs:
▪ reduce your costs by eliminating embossing
▪ reduce spacer materials while maintaining the easy to place size that makes the success of the ULTRATHINs (1206 package - The overall dimension is equivalent to 3.2mm x 1.6mm x 0.35mm).
▪ offer high brightness (see mcd spec)
▪ offer a much better resistance to ESD (electrostatic discharge) thanks to the additional Zener die on Blue & White colours: 2000 V (instead of 150 V for the UltraThin, 1000 V for the Hyper version and other market LEDs in the same size)
Compared to similar market LEDs and smaller challenging packages such as 0603, Nicomatic especially offers:
▪ easy to place package with a smaller height dedicated to membrane switches
▪ close technical & sales support with international presence on all continents
▪ global offering for membrane switches making us the partner of choice and a true one-stop shop for membrane switch manufacturers worldwide
The .35mm SMD Taping (carrier tape & reel according to EIA 481-1A) is much smaller than lead frame type components, thus enabling smaller board size, higher packing density, reduced storage space and reduced equipment size. Also, light weight makes them ideal for miniature applications such as automotive backlighting in dashboards and switches, indicators, and backlighting in telephones and faxes, and flat backlighting for LCDs.
The new LEDs are packaged in reels of 3000 parts and loaded in sealed anti-static bags (220x240mm) made of aluminum. Shelf life in a sealed bag is 12 months minimum at <40C and <90% relative humidity (RH). They are compatible with the infrared and vapor phase reflow solder processes (see our spec for reflow soldering).