Mixed signal front-end digitiser for reference design integration
Analog Devices (ADI) has introduced a 16-channel, mixed-signal front-end (MxFE) digitiser for aerospace and defence applications, including phased array radars, electronic warfare, and ground-based SATCOM (satellite communications).
The new digitiser includes four AD9081 or four AD9082 software-defined, direct RF sampling transceivers. It is designed to accelerate customer development by providing reference RF signal chains, software architectures, power supply designs, and application example code.
ADI also introduced a digitising card to complement the platform and facilitate system-level calibration algorithms and demonstration of power-up phase determinism.
ADQUADMXFE1EBZ 16-Channel, Mixed-Signal Front-End Digitiser Key Features:
- 16x RF receive (Rx) channels (32x digital Rx channels)
- 16x RF transmit (Tx) channels (32x digital Tx channels)
- Provided application-specific examples in MATLAB application scripts and a GUI
- Flexible clock distribution
ADQUADMXFE-CAL Digitising Card Key Features:
- Provides both individual adjacent channel loopback and combined channel loopback options
- Combined Tx and Rx channels output via SMA connectors
- On-board log power detectors with AD5592R digitisation