High-power amplifier delivers up to 250 W peak output power
Richardson RFPD has announced availability and full design support capabilities for a new solid-state high-power amplifier from Empower RF Systems.
The 1222 is a 9–10 GHz pulsed amplifier that can deliver up to 250 W peak output power and related RF performance under all specified temperature and environmental conditions.
This compact module utilises the latest high-power RF GaN on SiC transistors and also features built-in control and monitoring, with protection functions to help ensure high availability.
The new X-band module is designed for radar applications where portability and extended range are key requirements.
Additional key features of the 1222 include:
- Pulse widths up to 500 µs and 20% duty cycles
- Enable/disable time of less than 250 ns
- Operating voltage: 48 V
- Small signal gain: 60 dB
- Small signal gain flatness: +/-3.0 dB (max.)
- Gain can be controlled with digital or analog interfaces
- Lightweight, high reliability and ruggedness
- Built-in protections with alarms for over-temperature operation, over-voltage, reverse polarity, over-current, temperature reporting and current reporting
- Dimensions: 7.0 x 4.0 x 1.0 inches
- 50-ohm input/output impedance
- RS485 serial interface for monitoring and control