Development kit saves time and simplifies integration
The TERATEC 2016 Forum, held today at the Ecole Polytechnique in France, has seen BittWare announce the latest release of its FPGA Development Kit (FDK) with support for Arria 10 FPGA boards.
The FDK provides FPGA board support IP and integration for BittWare’s Altera Arria 10 and Stratix V FPGA-based boards. The new release adds support for Arria 10 devices, including board support and example projects for BittWare’s A10PL4 and A10P3S boards. The release also features a simplified Windows installation procedure.
Built with Altera’s Qsys system integration tool, the FDK is a library of FPGA components that includes preconfigured physical interfaces, infrastructure and examples. The FDK drastically cuts development time and can be easily integrated into existing FPGA development environments. By providing the underlying infrastructure for FPGA development, BittWare’s FDK lets customers focus on developing their unique processing components rather than on the infrastructure around it.
“Building on our first generation of FDK, which featured support for our Stratix V-based boards, we have now expanded this release to include support for our Arria 10 boards. Our FDK is an essential piece to working with the FPGA on our boards and can reduce development effort by months. The extensive component and project library with pre-configured physical interfaces and examples allow our customers to get an FPGA project running on a BittWare board with minimal effort,” said Chad Hamilton, VP of Intellectual Property (IP), Software and Customer Support at BittWare. “We’ve developed it to fit into our customers’ existing FPGA development process, so they can begin using their BittWare board without the learning curve of adopting a new methodology.”
The BittWare FPGA Development Kit includes the following:
- Physical interface components to provide board specific, preconfigured external I/O interfaces.
- Qsys integration providing system interconnect and project development, including simulation support.
- Board level projects, integrated loads and reference designs for each supported product.
- Reference designs include ADCs, DACs, 40GbE, 10GbE, PCIe, DDR3/4, QDRII/II+.
- Flash FPGA image update and board monitoring capabilities via PCIe.
- IP Discovery with each FPGA load to describe FPGA contents and provide a complete address map of the design.
- ModelSim simulation support.
- BittWorks II Toolkit support providing access to the FPGA over PCI Express, USB and Ethernet.