Motor control solution for multiple automotive HVAC flap actuators
The TIDA-01357 reference design from Texas Instruments offers a DC motor control solution for multiple automotive HVAC flap actuators or dampers. This design demonstrates a cost-effective motor driver solution for six flap actuators/dampers where all six motors can be driven simultaneously with an output current up to 0.4A per motor.
This reference design maintains a small solution size and low quiescent current in addition to offering reverse battery and load dump protection.
- Direct battery operation (12V system); survives voltages up to 45V.
- Withstands reverse battery conditions and load dump conditions (12V system).
- Three-chip solution to drive up to six motors.
- Compact layout; does not require external FETs.
- Overcurrent, undervoltage and overtemperature protection with diagnostics feature.
To learn more, click here.