Green Hills Software supports NetLogic Microsystems’ XLP™ multicore, multi-threaded processor family
Green Hills Software, Inc., the largest independent vendor of embedded software solutions, had announced operating system, middleware and multicore development tool support for NetLogic Microsystems’ industry-leading XLP™ family of multicore, multi-threaded processors. Green Hills Software’s comprehensive portfolio of optimized software solutions includes its multicore-ready INTEGRITY® real-time operating system (RTOS) and MULTI® software development tool set for NetLogic Microsystems’ XLP multicore, multi-threaded processors.The
Green Hills Software delivers the latest in RTOS technology and achieves unprecedented levels of reliability, availability, and security for a broad range of real-time applications. The INTEGRITY RTOS on NetLogic Microsystems’ XLP processors supports both Asymmetric Multi Processing (AMP) and Symmetric Multi Processing (SMP) configurations for enhanced flexibility and scalability.
“By combining up to 128 NXCPUs™ operating at 2GHz, the XLP processor is the industry’s first quad-issue, quad-threaded, tri-level cached, multicore communications processor, and was recently rated ‘an exceptional CPU well beyond the capabilities of other embedded processors’ by the Microprocessor Report,” stated Chris O’Reilly, vice president of marketing at NetLogic Microsystems. “We are pleased to collaborate with such a market-leading provider of RTOS and software solutions for embedded multicore processing. Our collaboration with Green Hills Software allows us to help customers achieve market-leading performance, scalability and software reliability.”
“NetLogic Microsystems is driving best-in-class innovations in multicore processing technology, and we are excited to partner with the company on its XLP processor family,” said David Kleidermacher, chief technology officer of Green Hills Software. “Our proven and broadly adopted embedded multicore software products will be highly optimized for the XLP multicore, multi-threaded processors through this collaboration with NetLogic Microsystems.”
Green Hills Software is providing the following support for NetLogic Microsystems’ XLP processors:
• INTEGRITY® RTOS – provides total reliability and absolute security while delivering a flexible set of multicore operating system configurations, including single core, Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP) and Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) with support for network acceleration and offload.
• INTEGRITY Secure Networking – combines the INTEGRITY RTOS security architecture, its advanced GHNet™ TCP/IP v4/v6 networking stack, and GateD® Layer 3 routing protocols, delivering unmatched security and reliability without compromising system throughput.
• MULTI® Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – provides a complete software development environment for building, debugging, testing and optimizing multicore embedded applications.
• Green Hills Optimizing C/C++ Compilers – generate the smallest and fastest code for C/C++, targeting the MIPS64 Architecture with specific support for the NetLogic Microsystems' XLP processor instruction set extensions.
• Green Hills Probe – helps developers find and fix bugs faster than any other probes with its comprehensive run-control and multicore processor visibility interfaces optimized to support synchronous hardware and software multicore breakpoints.
• Professional Services – Green Hills embedded experts collaborate with end user system designers and architects to tackle the difficult problems of legacy code porting, reuse and optimization for VxWorks, OSE, Linux, in-house operating systems and more, along with consulting services for general system performance optimization.
25th April 2013
Green Hills Software Announces INTEGRITY RTOS and MULTI IDE Support for Freescale’s QorIQ T4240 64-bit Multicore Processor
20th October 2010
STMicroelectronics and Green Hills Software announce software support for SPEAr microprocessor families
24th June 2010
Green Hills Software announces support for Freescale’s Kinetis microcontrollers
24th June 2010
Green Hills Software supports Freescale’s innovative 64-bit e5500 technology and three newest QorIQ communications processors
28th April 2010
Green Hills Software and Freescale Semiconductor Enter Into Multi-Year Strategic Alliance for Advanced Software Solutions
28th April 2010
Green Hills Software Delivers INTEGRITY RTOS Multicore Support for OCTEON® Family of Microprocessors from Cavium Networks
26th April 2010
Green Hills Software Supports Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 Microprocessors from Texas Instruments
16th December 2009
Green Hills Software demonstrates multicore development and debugging solutions at Embedded World