Green Hills Platform for ADAS powers driving control system
DURA Automotive Systems has selected the Green Hills Platform for ADAS, featuring the safe and secure INTEGRITY RTOS, to power its Highly Automated Driving control system. The control system integrates vision, vehicle and range-based sensor data while safely and securely instructing crucial systems for brakes, steering and powertrain.
Utilising the INTEGRITY secure and safe separation architecture on the 64-bit NXP S32V200 family of automotive processors, the Highly Automated Driving control system is suited for automakers building open, highly secure and scalable platforms with the latest in ADAS features.
Highly Automated Driving control system
Automakers are racing to introduce automated driving features with stringent levels of security and safety. DURA’s revolutionary Highly Automated Driving control system incorporates a dedicated control module, complete with software, vision, communication and range-based sensors. This module features sophisticated image processing algorithms and the necessary V2X hardware and software for the latest in vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications. Green Hills INTEGRITY RTOS is the trusted execution environment to safely and securely run critical software functions for vision cognition, sensor fusion and vehicle dynamics. The system maintains a low power envelope that allows for passive cooling and compact packaging, making the system suited for integration by automakers worldwide.
Nizar Trigui, Chief Operating Officer, DURA, commented: “Our Highly Automated Driving control system is a watershed moment for car makers that seek a scalable, open architecture to develop highly secure, next-gen, semi-autonomous features. We chose Green Hills INTEGRITY RTOS for its proven safety and security architecture as the trusted environment to execute our sophisticated algorithms for vision cognition and autonomous vehicle control.”
The Green Hills Platform for ADAS offers the safety certified INTEGRITY RTOS, INTEGRITY Multivisor secure virtualisation, and safety-certified MULTI development tools, leading the industry for developing, certifying and deploying ADAS devices on 32- and 64-bit SoCs such as the NXP S32V200 family of processors:
- INTEGRITY RTOS, the most trusted separation architecture, safely and securely runs critical multicore ADAS applications;
- INTEGRITY Multivisor secure virtualisation technology can safely run ISO 26262-certified applications alongside guest operating systems like Windows, Linux and Android, increasing the scalability and reuse within a customer’s platform;
- MULTI integrated software development environment features ISO 26262 ASIL D toolchain, multicore debugger, TimeMachine trace debugging, MISRA C support and many other integrated time-saving capabilities;
- Maximum vision processing performance through dual APEX-2 image cognition processor cores and Vision SDK from NXP;
- Maximum multimedia and signal processing performance from EEMBC record-setting C/C++ compilers for ARM Cortex-A and Cortex-M cores, including optimised support for the ARM Neon instructions;
- Fully accelerated 3D graphics utilising the Vivante GC3000 OpenGL GPU; and
- Complete AUTOSAR-compliant application framework, allows AUTOSAR software components to seamlessly run with freedom from interference, enabling maximum software reuse.
“Green Hills Software is very honoured that DURA selected our INTEGRITY RTOS as the trusted execution environment for their Highly Automated Driving control system. Dura’s Highly Automated Driving control system addresses automakers’ desire to achieve rapid deployment of next-gen autonomous features. Our safe and secure INTEGRITY coupled with its advanced MULTI software development environment are widely used in safety-critical car subsystems by automotive OEMs and Tier 1s worldwide and we’re proud to bring these strengths to the DURA solution,” added Dan O'Dowd, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Green Hills Software.