Full-bridge evaluation board optimised for Class D Amplifiers
Availability and full design support capabilities for a new evaluation board from GaN Systems and Peregrine Semiconductor has been announced by Richardson RFPD. The GS61004B-EVBCD evaluation board combines GaN Systems’ GaN E-HEMT with the ultra-fast PE29102 gate driver from Peregrine.
Using this evaluation platform, designers can characterise the performance advantages that result from operating a Class D amplifier at a high switching frequency.
Low dead time and sub-nanosecond turn-on/off yield a higher-efficiency design with less total harmonic distortion and EMI.
Additional key features of the GS61004B-EVBCD include:
- Full-bridge with four GaN E-HEMTs and two E-HEMT drivers
- GS61004B E-HEMT operable up to 100 MHz
- PE29102 E-HEMT driver operable up to 40 MHz
- Best-in-class propagation delay: 10–45 ns, depending on configuration
- Optimized, Vcc independent, for matched dead time
- Integrated, resistor-adjustable dead-time control
- Control pins to evaluate phasing of each half-bridge circuit
- Snubbers from each switch node to ground