DLP chipset offers five times faster continuous streaming
It's highest speed and resolution chipset for 3D printing and lithography applications, the DLP9000X has been introduced by Texas Instruments. The chipset, consisting of the DLP9000X Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) and the newly available DLPC910 controller, offers developers more than five times the speed at continuous streaming compared to the existing DLP9000 chipset. The DMD and controller are now available for purchase.
Example application areas for the DLP9000X include 3D printing, direct imaging lithography, laser marking, LCD/OLED repair and computer-to-plate printers, as well as 3D machine vision and hyperspectral imaging.
Key features and benefits of the DLP9000X chipset
- Delivers the highest streaming pixel speed in the TI DLP products portfolio at over 60Gb/s, enabling more than five times faster total exposure;
- Equipped with more than 4m micromirrors reducing print heads by 50% compared to the DLP9500 chipset while supporting print feature sizes of less than 1µm;
- Offers an exceptional pixel loading speed for real-time, continuous, high bit-depth patterns resulting in detailed images with high resolution features;
- Features random row micromirror loading, which can be used in flexible light modulation use cases;
- Optimised for wavelengths from 400 to 700nm that are compatible with widely available photosensitive resins and materials; and
- Supports a variety of light sources including lasers, LEDs and lamps.
To further accelerate developers’ ability to bring their innovative products to market, TI maintains an extensive ecosystem of design houses through the DLP Design Network. This group of independent companies provides developers with a qualified network to support their hardware and software integration, optics design, system integration, prototyping, manufacturing services and turnkey solutions. The DLP9000X chipset uses a similar architecture to the DLP Discovery D4100 kit allowing developers to maximise investment in the DLP9500 and DLP7000 platforms.
The DLP9000X chipset is now available for purchase. The chipset includes the DLP9000X DMD, DLPC910 controller and DLPR910 PROM. The DLP9000X is available in a 355-pin hermetic FLS package, the DLPC910 controller is available in a 676-pin Ball Grid Array (BGA) package and the DLPR910 PROM is available in a 48-pin BGA package.