DC application varistor design guide
The AUMOV series varistor is designed for circuit protection in low voltage (12, 24 and 42VDC) automotive systems. This series is available in five disc sizes with radial leads with a choice of epoxy or phenolic coatings. The automotive MOV varistor is AEC-Q200 compliant. It offers robust load dump, jump start and peak surge current ratings, as well as high energy absorption capabilities.
The automotive MOV varistor devices are available in the following sizes and ratings:
- Disc sizes: 5, 7, 10, 14 and 20mm
- Operating voltage ratings: 16-50VDC
- Surge current ratings: 400-5000A (8/20μs)
- Jump start ratings: 6-100J
- Load dump ratings: 25-35VJump
The full design guide from Littelfuse is available for download below.