AllSpice shares its new Git for hardware guide
This 80+ page guide explains how electrical engineers, PCB designers, and hardware engineers can use Git revision control technology to improve their design review process.
This guide will help you with:
- Git crash course: get up to speed quickly with git
- Git for hardware: the pros and cons of using a modern revision control system
- Revision control concepts: understand the basics of decentralised, asynchronous revision, and reviews
- Commit best practices: how to break your designs into digestible chunks
- Pushing & branching: how teams multitask on the same design files
- Design review basics: leaving the 4-hour, in-person, PDF-driven review meeting behind
- Generated files best practices: how to track and distribute Gerbers, BOMs, and Fabrication files
- Assemblies best practices: how to organise sub-components into an assembly
- Issues & milestones: lightweight project management
- List of git platforms: flexible Git clients for your needs
Get a copy today for a comprehensive overview both of how Git works, and what solutions are on the market today for git revision control of hardware designs.
Listen to Electronic Specifier's podcast with AllSpice Co-Founder & CEO, Valentina Ratner.