Imperva advanced bot protection solution launched
Imperva has announced the general availability of Advanced Bot Protection, a solution that fully integrates bot protection technology into its Cloud Application Security platform, a comprehensive solution for application and website protection.
Advanced Bot Protection enables true defence-in-depth security by delivering bot protection in a single stack model, while making deployment easier, faster, and more flexible than ever.
Over 24% of internet traffic is bad bots, which are purpose-built to attack organisations’ websites and mobile apps through web scraping, account takeover, transaction fraud, denial of service, competitive data mining, unauthorised vulnerability scans, spam, click fraud, and web and mobile API abuse.
A security concern, the bot problem is focused on abuse of business functionality rather than finding and exploiting vulnerabilities. As the market has matured, malicious bots, and bots as a whole, are more widely understood with more companies actively seeking a solution.
Advanced Bot Protection defends mission-critical websites, mobile apps, and APIs from automated threats without affecting the flow of business-critical traffic. Integrating the solution into Imperva Cloud Application Security delivers best-in-class bot detection capabilities in a single security stack, giving customers true defense-in-depth security through Imperva’s market-leading DDoS, WAF, and bot solutions.
Advanced Bot Protection’s key benefits include:
- Next-generation code obfuscation: New feature coined Morpheme uses dynamic deception techniques that make it harder for sophisticated bot operators to reverse engineer so it can access a website or mobile app undetected.
- Ease of deployment: The ‘easy’ button to deploy Advanced Bot Protection allows for a low-touch and simple deployment within Imperva’s single stack.
- Speed: Deploy in a matter of minutes versus weeks.
- Flexible deployment: Customers now have two deployment options to choose from: a single-stack deployment integrated with Cloud WAF, or through Connectors into other popular technologies including AWS, Cloudflare, F5 Networks, NGINX, and now, Fastly.
- Overall improved site performance: Reduce latency without affecting the flow of business-critical traffic.
“With internet traffic experiencing a peak in malicious bot proportion, it’s more important than ever for organisations to evaluate what they can do to protect themselves,” said Kunal Anand, CTO at Imperva.
“These automated threats are only getting more sophisticated, they are causing business damage that is difficult - if not impossible - to overcome without the right solutions in place. Advanced Bot Protection and its new features like Morpheme make it incredibly difficult for bot operators to sneak by, and help keep online businesses safe.”