Delta Logic releases version 1.1
Version 1.1, the powerful software ACCON-OPC-Server UA of the Swabian specialist for industrial communication now supports SINUMERIK controllers for machine tools.
The version 1.1 Delta Logic extends the functional range by two innovations. On the one hand, the server supports CNC controllers of the SINUMERIK series. On the other hand, version 1.1 enables the migration of older OPC servers from DELTA LOGIC, Softing and Helmholz for Siemens S7 and S5 environments to the OPC standard Unified Architecture (OPC UA) 1.04 – a big step towards more data security.
The current version supports the SINUMERIK 840D solutionline, SINUMERIK 840D powerline and 810D powerline and thus offers many advantages:
- SINUMERIK-controlled machines can be addressed via OPC UA
- Determining the utilisation and availability of CNC machines
- Monitoring and recording of machine data such as operating mode, torques, power consumption, axis positions
- Display of the running NC program, number of generated parts and access level
- Access to tool data like magazine, tool correction data, tool monitoring data
- Readout of R-parameter, override, number of pending alarms
- Information for predictive maintenance
- Data source for monitoring (dashboard) of the machine, e.g., machine status, program status, cycle time, number of pieces, operating hours, OEE
SINUMERIK users also benefit from other highlights such as access to more than 4000 NC variables and user data (GUD) as well as to data of the SINUMERIK PLC. The CNC software itself does not require any modification, nor is a Siemens license necessary.
For users of a ‘classic’ OPC DA server (regardless of the manufacturer) Delta Logic offers upgrades. Use and validity of the previous software license remain unaffected; nevertheless, Delta Logic recommends switching to the new standard of security and offers a free demo version with a runtime of 72 hours.
For users who already use a license of ACCON-OPC-Server UA, the upgrade to version 1.1 is free of charge.
Future-proof investment, wide range of applications
ACCON-OPC-Server UA enables secure data transmission between OPC servers and clients as well as S7 PLCs, with outstanding performance. The software supports the OPC UA specification 1.04 and is certified by the OPC Foundation. ACCON-OPC-Server UA is user-friendly, high performing and offers customer support.
The support for Siemens SINUMERIK CNC controls are included in version 1.1 and the ability to upgrade quickly from older OPC versions together represent a major milestone and offers users the chance to make their production fit for the future.