BOM scrub weeds out errors, Inconsistencies
Agile Electronics is offering its customers a Bill-of-Materials Scan (BOM Scrub) to reduce the risk or manufacturing disruptions caused by any inconsistencies, errors, or potential shortages by ensuring the specified part numbers are correct and procurable.
A BOM Scrub is a vital process for contract manufacturers (CEMs) and is essential for lean front-end processing.
The process offers buyers reassurance that every component listed in the BOM is correct, authentic and available, avoiding manufacturing delays if a component must be reordered due to an incorrect part number, on short supply or allocation.
The Agile Electronics BOM Scrub provides their customers with:
- Life cycle report for each component.
- Quantities available through franchised distribution.
- Cross reference and alternatives if required.
- Ensuring correct manufacturers part number have been used.
- Commodity codes and Chief Operation Officer (COO) data.
- RoHS and REACH data.
- Market lead time.
- Last Time Buy (LTB) data.
Sarah Eddowes, Director of Agile Electronics, says “With many changes over the last 12 to 18 months, the electronic component industry is still in a state of flux. To avoid disruptions to our customer’s supply chain our BOM scrub can help eliminate component sourcing challenges and improve their supply chain process.”