Robust high-performance external antennas at TTI
TTI has announced that it is now stocking the full range of external antennas from AVX. Optimised for high-reliability (hi-rel) applications in which elevated performance is paramount, but where there are also space and weight restrictions to factor in, these components have a compelling mix of key characteristics.
As well as the rugged construction needed to withstand even the most challenging of operational environments, they have compact form factors and offer wide bandwidth capabilities. These antennas can be supplied with cabling and connectors included, thereby facilitating deployment. AVX external antennas are suitable for a broad range of different applications such as mobile communication, Internet of Things (IoT), healthcare, industrial automation, aftermarket automotive, smart agricultural, telematics, wireless access points, digital signage, home automation, point-of-sale (PoS) units, remote monitoring, tracking and logistics.
Among the products offered are:
- The X1005246 - With 105.1x30.1x6.7mm dimensions, this antenna is suitable for inclusion in various different forms of wireless infrastructure, such as mobile, cellular IoT and LPWAN. It supports LTE, LTE-M, NB-IoT, LoRa, Sigfox and Z-wave, plus legacy 2G and 3G technologies.
- The X1005323 - Covering the 2,400 to 2,485MHz and the 5,150 to 5,850MHz frequency bands, this WLAN antenna supports the 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac and ax WiFi protocols. It attains peak gain figures of 2.5 dBi in the 2400-2500 MHz band and 3.3 dBi in the 5150-5825 MHz band.
- The X1005245 three in one antenna - This low-noise unit has GNSS, GPS-GLONASS and LTE MIMO capabilities. It is housed in a waterproof IPX7 enclosure and can handle temperatures spanning from -40 to +85°C.
- The X1005248 two in one antenna - Suitable for GNSS and DSRC, this has a maximum voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR) of 2.0:1. As well as positioning functions, it can be used in vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communications.
- The X1005247 - Addressing 1,561, 1,575 and 1,602MHz frequencies, this antenna can deliver a peak gain figure of 4.1 dBi (at 1575MHz). Noise levels are kept to 1.1 dB (typical) and the maximum VSWR is 2.0:1.
The X1005324 - This LTE MIMO and WiFi MIMO antenna has a 4.9dBi peak gain and an average efficiency of up to 67 % (depending on the frequency being utilised).