Rackmount platform enables flexible PCIe port configurations
A 1U Rackmount networking appliance has been announced by WIN Enterprises. The PL-80990 is suitable for broad networking applications using the Intel 14nm micro-architecture Skylake-S series 6th Gen Core i7/i5/i3 processor and the Intel H110 PCH.
With the next-gen 3D tri-gate design, the adoption of the 6th generation Intel Core processor comes with the promise of enhanced processor performance with lower TDP. The socket type LGA 1151 also supports this die-shrinking architecture.
The PL-80990 platform supports two DDR4 2133 MHz un-buffered/Non-ECC/ECC DIMM, and has a maximum memory capacity of up to 32GB. The storage interface supports 2.5” SATA 3.0 HDD/SSD and 1m-SATA slot for basic network storage applications. The PL-80990 enables flexible PCIe port configurations: either one standard PCIe X8 card or one PCIe X8 slot for an expansion module. Multiple expansion modules support: 4/8GbE Copper, 4/8GbE Fibre, 2/4 10GbE Fibre, 2 40GbE Fibre and a maximum of 14GbE Copper port support with four pairs BYPASS function. The IO elements of PL-80990 support one console port, two USB 3.0 ports, a LCD module with 5-button keypad, LEDs to monitor BYPASS/Status/HDD/Power. Enterprises will work with customers to modify PL-81060 to more specific specifications when they order in standard OEM or above quantities.
- Supports Intel Skylake-S series platform 6th Gen Core i7/i5/i3 processor Series processor, LGA 1151
- Two-channel DDR4 2133 MHz un-buffered/Non-ECC/ECC memory, max support 32GB
- Max support 14 GbE Copper ports with four pairs BYPASS
- Flexible PCIe port configuration, either one standard PCIe x8 card or one PCIe x8 slot for Ethernet module
- PCIe X8 slot for multiple expansion modules, 4/8 GbE Copper, 4/8 GbE Fibre, 2/4 10 GbE Fibre, 2 40 GbE Fibre
- 2.5” SATA3.0 HDD/SSD