Lanner’s LTE antenna design enhances signal efficiency
SD-WAN enables the deployment of multipath networks, distributing bandwidth across available fixed-line (MPLS/ADSL) and mobile broadband connections (LTE/WiFi) for optimal performance with enhanced signal efficiency.
As reliability of wireless connectivity becomes increasingly important to SD-WAN and MEC applications, Lanner has allocated R&D resources towards wireless technology innovations – not only did Lanner CAT-6 LTE module PGN-300 receive PTCRB and Verizon certifications, but it innovates LTE antenna design that enhanced signal efficiency and network compatibility.
The new patented antenna design
Aiming to boost the signal efficiency of a compact desktop appliance such as NCA-1515, Lanner RF engineering team has innovated the LTE antenna with the dual-layer coupling design, which amplified signal transmission and reception in a multi-antenna setting. The new antenna design optimizes the MIMO wireless data transmission performance as follows:
- Claims to outperform signal efficiency of counterpart products by 30%, while narrowing the distance between two antennas down from 8cm to 4cm.
- Improves the network band frequency comparability for all countries, which simplifies raw material preparation process as well as facilitating logistic support.
- Design ready for future 5G Sub-6GHz band frequency.
The new antenna design is now available for all Lanner appliances and modules, including uCPE NCA-1515 and swappable LTE module PGN-series.
Lanner’s swappable LTE module
To deliver beyond-the-standards edge to cloud connectivity, Lanner offers PGN Series, a scalable, hot-swappable LTE module compatible with Lanner’s Intelligent Edge Appliances, such as V3S, V6S, NCR-1510, LEC-2290.
The swappable caddy design makes system maintenance and upgrades easier to meet customer needs. The modem card is optimally designed for intelligent VMS, mobility SD-WAN, and 4G LTE fail over for business continuity.
Desktop network appliance for vCPE/uCPE and edge security
- Intel Atom C3000 Processor (Codenamed Denverton)
- Max. four RJ45, two SFP & two RJ45 (By SKU)
- Two 260-pin DDR4 2400/2133/1866MHz ECC/Non-ECC SODIMM (by SKU), Max. 32GB
- Design ready for 5G Sub-6 and WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
- One RJ45 Console, two USB 2.0, one RJ45 LOM
Swappable 4G LTE CAT-6 radio modem for mission-critical communications
- 4G LTE CAT-6 Radio Modem Compatible for Lanner Vehicle PC, Industrial PC and Network Appliances
- PTCRB and AT&T Certification Ready
- Two SIM Card Readers, two 4G LTE Antenna
- SATA connector with USB 3.0 signal and Hot Swappable Capability
- 4G LTE Failover for Business Continuity