ESD protection array for high-speed data interfaces
Texas Instruments' TPD4E001-Q1 device is a low-capacitance TVS diode array designed for ESD protection in sensitive electronics connected to communication lines. Each channel consists of a pair of transient-voltage-suppression diodes that steer ESD pulses to VCC or GND. The TPD4E001-Q1 protects against ESD events up to ±8kV contact discharge and ±15kV air-gap discharge, as specified in IEC 61000-4-2 international standard.
This device has a low capacitance of 1.5pF per channel making it suitable for use in high-speed data interfaces. The low leakage current (10nA maximum) ensures minimum power consumption for the system and high accuracy for analog interfaces.
Additionally, this device is suitable for protecting automotive head units, automotive rear seat entertainment, and automotive rear camera systems that use USB 2.0, Ethernet, or precision analog interfaces.
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 3B
- HBM Level 15kV
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C5
- IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Protection
- ±8kV Contact Discharge
- ±15kV Air-Gap Discharge
- IEC 61000-4-5 Surge Protection
- 5.5A (8/20µs)
- Low 1.5pF Input Capacitance
- Low 10nA Maximum Leakage Current
- 0.9V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
Discover more here.