DIN-Rail industrial network system with Intel 6th gen processors
Designer and manufacturer of embedded controllers, network platforms for solution providers, WIN Enterprises, has announced the PL-80970 series of fanless rugged designs that wall-mount/VESA-mount. These units feature Power over Ethernet (PoE), and are designed for industrial automation, transportation and other environments that require PoE/PoE+.
The PL-80970 series features an isolated protection design for Serial, Ethernet, power input and DI/DO ports to support use in harsh industrial environments. The system provides a power input range from 9 to 48VDC that enables use of the same type of power source at different voltages around the network. In addition, the power module supports dual isolated redundant functionality to increase communications reliability.
- Up to four 802.3 af PoE+ GbE ports
- Compliant with EN 50121-4 and EN 50155 specifications
- Wide temperature operating range -40 to 70°C
- Strong anti-vibration design for transportation/in-vehicle applications
- Isolated redundant power input supply
- Flexible communication modules support
The units are powered by a choice of Intel 6th gen Core (formerly codenamed Skylake-U) processors:
- PL-8097A: Fanless System with Intel i3-6100U, DDR4, two RJ45 GbE, four PoE+ RJ45 GbE ports, four Serial ports, SATA, mSATA, mini-PCIe, USB, GPS, G sensor, dual power inputs, bypass
- PL-8097B: Fanless System with Intel i7-6600U, DDR4, two RJ45 GbE, four PoE+ RJ45 GbE ports, four Serial ports, SATA, mSATA, mini-PCIe, USB, GPS, G sensor, dual power inputs, bypass
PL-8097A is based on Intel 6th Gen i3-6100U SoC (formerly codenamed Skylake-U) and PL-8097B is based on Intel 6th Gen i7-6600U SoC (formerly codenamed Skylake-U). PL-8097B series provides up to four 802.3 at/af PoE+ GbE ports and each PoE+ port is capable of offering 30W power at maximum; two more GbE ports with one pair bypass function for network redundancy or crash prevention mechanism. The system offers high flexibility in a variety of communication modes via four easily accessible mini-PCIe slots. SIM card slots with lockable covers are featured on the chassis. On-board GPS and G sensor design increases system stability for transportation and in-vehicle applications.