Connector opens a new dimension of IoT monitoring
Paessler has announced the launch of PRTG Node-REDConnector, which is to be presented for the first time at embedded world in Nuremberg from 25th-27th February. The Node-RED Connector enables PRTG Network Monitor by Paessler to offer its advanced monitoring capabilities for manufacturing, IIoT and IoT environments.
As from today, the PRTG Node-RED Connectorwill be available in BETA and enable all professionals in charge of manufacturing, IIoT or IoT environments to integrate their devices and processes into PRTG Network Monitor.
The connector allows users to automatically feed information gathered by the Node-RED Connector into PRTG Network Monitor - thereby opening up the possibility for users to monitor their IoT and IIoT space and to combine the results with their IT infrastructure monitoring if required.
Node-RED, developed by IBM’s Emerging Technology Services team, is a flow-based, visual programming tool with a web interface, for connecting IoT and IIoT hardware devices, APIs and online services. Since 2016, Node-RED has been an open source project.Node-RED can pre-process collected data and gives users comprehensive data analysis whilst offering them the possibility to forward the data to PRTG using the new PRTG Node-RED Connector - without coding, just based on Node-RED’s user-friendly interface.
PRTG, as one of the most popular and established IT monitoring solutions, allows users to define thresholds and escalation levels for alerts, create dashboards and maps by using drag and drop, and publish monitoring data in reports. It stores data in the original monitoring interval enabling historic reports based on non-aggregated, real values.
Node-RED software enables users to click and drag nodes, link them together and integrate them with PRTG Network Monitor. It features a user-friendly interface allowing integrators without coding skills to easily create a working application within just a few clicks.
Benefits of Node-RED:
- Reduces the time it takes to create a fully functioning application and minimises the costs.
- Accessible to a wide range of users, including those without coding skills, as well as developers who want to save time.
- The visual nature of the software tool helps users to easily see their application and understand the logic to successfully run the programme.
- Direct and easy connection of IoT and IIoT specific communication protocols in PRTG.
Benefits of PRTG:
- Mature and established IT monitoring solution with more than 200,000 users worldwide
- Optimised for ease of use
- Comprehensive monitoring feature set
- Customisable and flexible
- Simple licensing, affordable pricing
- Brings together IIoT, IoT and IT in one single solution, even in one dashboard
Helmut Binder, Paessler CEO: “The decision to launch the PRTG Node-RED Connector is an important step in the evolution of our PRTG product as well as our business as a whole, as we fulfil our ambition of becoming a major player in the development of the IoT. By enabling PRTG for monitoring IoT, this is a complete game changer for the IoT and IIoT world.
"Our well-established monitoring solution with more than 20 years of IT monitoring experience, now opens up a completely new level of monitoring for IoT environments.In the upcoming months, we are excited to see what kind of monitoring scenarios both new and existing PRTG customers are adding to their installation by utilising the numerous possibilities of Node-RED.”