Switches Unlimited announces Hammond’s release of junction boxes for harsh environments
Hammond Manufacturing’s new C3SC & C4XSC Series Junction Boxes are Designed for Outdoor, Industrial and Corrosive Applications
Switches Unlimited has announced Hammond Manufacturing’s release of two new series of junction box enclosures that are suitable for outdoor, industrial or corrosive applications. According to Hammond, the new C3SC Series Type 3/12/4 and C4XSC Series Type 4X Junction Boxes are a more economical alternative than traditional hinged, panel enclosures.
For those currently struggling with leaking or rusting light-duty Type 1 junction boxes, this new release could provide the solution for harsher job requirements. These series are designed for use as wiring boxes, junction boxes, terminal or pull boxes in indoor or outdoor applications where they are subject to windblown dust or rain.
The new C3SC Series is ANSI 61 Gray painted steel and is available in 25 different sizes; the C4XSC Series is 304 stainless steel and available in 20 sizes. They both feature screw cover designs with stainless steel screws, a foam gasket and fully welded, continuous seams.
Features & Benefits:
- Smooth, continuously welded seams without knockouts, cutouts, or holes
- Captivated stainless steel cover screws thread into sealed wells
- Seamless poured-in place gasket
- More durable junction box solutions for industrial or outdoor applications
- Offered in two materials - ANSI 61 Gray painted steel and brushed 304 stainless steel
- Flat cover held in place with stainless steel screws
- UL 508A Listed; Type 3/4X/12
- cULus Listed per CSA C22.2 No 94; Type 3/4X/12
- Complies with NEMA Type 3/4X/12, IEC 60529, IP66
- Wiring Boxes
- Junction Boxes
- Terminal Boxes
- Pull Boxes