Precise fan speed management with ATS Airflow Controller
Advanced Thermal Solutions has today announced the launch of the new FSC-200 Fan Speed Controller, providing precise management of fan speeds during thermal management studies of electronic devices. Featuring ATS stageSPEED software, the FSC-200 allows the use of a PC to incrementally control the speed of fan and fan trays from 0 to 100% of their maximum power.
The FSC-200 communicates with a PC via a USB connection and also draws power from it. The system supports fans and fan trays up to 30 amps. Featuring data accuracy of +/-1%, the FSC-200 controls fans and fan trays from 0 to 100% PWM with 0.5% resolution.
In many thermal management studies, the component temperatures must be obtained when they are in the airflow from varying fan speeds. This data provides an envelope of safe operation of the device. Applications for the FSC-200 Fan Speed Controller include thermal management studies in the telecom, automotive, instrumentation and fan manufacturing industries.
The FSC-200 Fan Speed Controller is priced at $950.00 (USD).
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 7.83" x 8.83" x 3.2" (200 mm x 224 mm x 81 mm)
- Max Current: 30 Amps
- Max Voltage: 1,000 VAC
- Software: stageSPEED
- Power: USB Connection
- Weight: 1.2 Kg (2.6 lbs)
- Computer: Windows XP or 7
- Research quality device provides precise control with accuracy of +/- 1%
- Supports up to 30 Amps fans or fan trays
- Includes user friendly stageSPEED software for selecting the PWM frequency from 2 kHz to 40 kHz
- Controls fan/fan trays from 0 to 100% PWM with 0.5% resolution
- USB provides connection for data communication
- Variable fan speed provides the ability for complete analysis
- No restriction for fan voltage