iWave AMD Versal AI Edge-based SOM series
iWave has introduced the iW-Rainbow-G57M, a new System on Module (SOM) based on the AMD series, designed to power AI applications from the Edge to the endpoint.
The new SOM features the Versal AI Edge series to deliver leading AI performance/watt in the industry and provide the AI acceleration required for many applications ranging from ADAS and robotics to medical imaging.
iW-Rainbow-G57M: The Versal AI Edge-based System on Module is compatible with an extensive series of chips: VE2302/VE2202/VE2102/VE2002. The System on Module is integrated with 8GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128 GB EMMC and 256MB QSPI Flash. Two high-speed expansion connectors and 122 User Configurable IOs provided on the System on Module enable a multitude of interfaces available for the user.
The Versal SOM supports a breadth of connectivity options, such as 28.21Gbps high-speed transceiver blocks to support all necessary protocols in edge applications, 40G multi-rate Ethernet, PCIe, and native MIPI support for vision sensors which are a must for advanced AI applications.
The Versal AI Edge provides the capability to run larger models and faster inference engines on the Edge. The Versal AI Edge combines scalar engines (Arm Cortex A72 Cores applications processor and Arm Cortex R5 core for real-time processing and control) enabling computing for complex algorithms while enabling high levels of safety and security. With the System on Module, customers can build their Edge AI Solution with reduced development cost, risk, and time. The System on Module also provides customers with the flexibility and scalability features of the Versal Edge AI series.
Highlights of the iW-Rainbow-G57M SOM:
- Pin Compatible Devices: VE2302/VE2202/VE2102/VE2002
- Dual-core Cortex-A72 Core and Dual-core Cortex-R5F Core
- Up to 328K Logic cells & 150K LUTs
- Up to 45 TOPA(INT4) AI compute
- Programmable Network on Chip (NoC)
- Up to 8GB LPDDR4, up to 128GB eMMC, 256MB QSPI
- 8 GTYP Transceiver support (VE2302 & VE2202)
- GTYP support: PCIe Gen4 or 40G Multi-rate Ethernet MAC
- 2 x 240-pin High-Speed connectors
- 1x GbE, 1X RGMII, 1 x USB, 1 x CAN FD,
- 1 x PMC, I2C, 1x SD, 1x UART, 1x JTAG
- FPGA XPIO: 51 LVDS/102 SE
- FPGA HDIO: 20 SE
- Form Factor: 50x60mm
- Industrial-grade SOM
- Product Longevity of 10-15 years