Development board enables rapid prototyping
Microchip Technology’s PIC32CX-BZ2 and WBZ451 Curiosity development board, based on the WBZ451PE module, is the development platform for evaluating the PIC32CX-BZ2 family of MCUs.
It is in stock at distributor Digi-Key.
It comes preconfigured with an out-of-the-box multi-protocol demo application.
The board features a temperature sensor, a current measurement header, an RGB LED, and a MikroElectronika mikroBUS socket to attach many sensors and add-on boards.
Integrated programming/debugging features use the PICkit On-board 4 (PKoB4) debugger interface.
It requires only a micro USB cable to power up and program the board.
The Curiosity board includes a mikroBUS Click header, which helps the users to expand the functionalities by connecting to various MikroElectronika mikroBUS Click adapter boards.
It performs rapid prototyping utilising the BLE and Zigbee-enabled RF module.
- USB or LiPo battery powered
- On-board programmer/debug circuit using PKoB4 based on Microchip SAME70 MCU
- Microchip MCP73871 Li-ion/LiPo battery charger with power path management
- mikroBUS socket to expand functionality using MikroElectronika Click adapter boards
- RGB LED connected to pulse width modulation (PWM)
- One reset switch
- One user-configurable switch
- One user LED
- 32.768 kHz crystal
- Microchip SST26VF064B 64 Mbit external QSPI Flash memory
- Microchip MCP9700A low power analog voltage temperature sensor
- 10-pin Arm® serial wire debug (SWD) header for external programmer/debugger
Applications cover wireless lighting, home automation or Internet of Things (IoT), industrial automation, and BLE or Zigbee-related applications.