Defence-grade COM express for communication applications
Advantech has announced the release of its new Type 7 COM Express Basic Module designed for a ruggedized applications, SOM-9590. The SOM-9590 provides a foundation for new product designs due to its server-grade computing capability.
With all solder-down design components, SOM-9590 meets the requirements of users requiring a reliable, high-performance solution. Target applications include railway transit, defence, mining, and communications requiring high computing power, data bandwidth, and the ability to work in harsh indoor and outdoor environments.
SOM-9590 delivers powerful server-grade performance powered by Intel Xeon processors and integrated with two 10GBASE-KR interfaces to help fulfill ever-increasing computing application demands in the area of edge networks.
Users can take advantage of SOM-9590's native 10GBASE-KR interface to design 10GbE carrier boards. TPM 2.0 is secured with 128bit capability (up to 256bit), a secure boot, and frozen BIOS to provide the best possible protection for user applications.
SOM-9590 features many design elements that fulfil the requirements of demanding environments. All components, including the processor, DDR4 memory, and SSD storage use onboard design, meet industrial-grade standards, and are IPC-A-6012 class 3 compliant in the hardware and layout phase.
With certification from the MIL-STD-810G standard, SOM-9590 meets the exact demands of military applications. It's capable of survival at vibration 7.7Grms (Method 514.7C-4), operating at a 50,000 feet altitude (Method 500.6 Procedure II), and it can perform in a -40 ~ 85°C temperature range. SOM-9590 has the IPC-A-610G Class 3 qualification—defined by IPC-org as fulfilling the highest quality product demands for critical applications.
SOM-9590D8AA-U0A1 is available for order.
- Powerful Performance Capability in Slim Body
- ntel Xeon Processor D1539 with TDP 35W
- iManager, WISE-PaaS and Embedded Software APIs
- Low Module Profile 10.3 mm
- Configurable PCIe Gen3 x16, x8 and 7 x1 expansion
- Two 10GBASE-KR interfaces and 1000BASE-T
- USB 3.0/ 2.0, SATA III, UART, GPIO and I2C
- Onboard ECC Memory and Storage SATA SSD
- Certified by Miltary Standard MIL-STD-810G
- Qualified by Manufacturing Process IPC-A-610G Class 3
- Conformal Coating Services
- Advanced Cooling Solution - Quadro Flow Cooling System (QFCS)
- Enhanced longevity of 7-15 yrs and beyond for long life military programs