MPD unveil ultra-low profile CR2016 coin cell holder
MPD has today announced the introduction of another new CR2016 low profile coin cell battery holder. The new BLP2016SM-GTR rises 3.1 mm with an installed CR2016, saving over 5 mm in board height when compared to typical CR2016 battery holders available on the market (which often rise more than 8.5 mm above the PCB).
Built with reliability in mind, the BLP2016SM-GTR features gold-flashed, nickel-plated phosphor bronze contacts that resist corrosion. The contacts offer low electrical resistance and resistance to intermittent connections, while the recurved positive contact provide extra retention on the coin cell battery.
The lightweight LCP base piece of the holder is extremely strong, and can easily withstand temperatures like 260°C for modern, lead-free reflow soldering. LCP replicates metal by offering a tensile strength and modulus close to aluminium. Additionally, the LCP has excellent chemical resistance and can withstand repeated sterilizations by standard methods used in medical device assembly, including gamma and electron beam, ethylene oxide, and hot steam or hot air processes. The LCP used is also halogen-, PFOS-, and PFOA-free, as well as SVHC, REACH, RoHS 2, and WEEE compliant – meaning that these meet current global environmental regulations.
P/N BLP2016SM-GTR holds CR2016 batteries that typically offer approximately 130 mAh of power in a compact package, making them perfect for circuits with low power requirements.
- Packaged on tape and reel for automated systems.
- Lower profile than any other competing products at 3.1 mm height above the PCB.
- Boasts excellent chemical and humidity resistance that can withstand multiple applications of most sterilization methods like autoclave, chemical, ETO, or radiation.
- Resist shocks, vibrations, and drops like never before, 1 meter drop certified.
- Superior dielectric strength (1,100 volts/mil.).