1U rackmount platform for Intel Coffee Lake-S Xeon Processor
Designer and manufacturer of embedded x86 motherboards and appliances for OEMs, WIN Enterprises, has announced the PL-81930, a 1U rackmount networking system based on the Intel Coffee Lake-S Xeon Processor E Family and eighth Core i7/i5/i3 processors.
Coffee Lake is the Intel codename for the second 14nm process refinement that follows and improves the 14nm designs of the Broadwell, Skylake, and Kaby Lake processor families.
- Supports Intel Coffee Lake-S Xeon Processor E Family and eighth Core i7/i5/i3 processors, with LGA 1511.
- Dual channel, Non-ECC, un-buffered, DDR4-2666MHz memory.
- Maximum memory capacity 64GB.
- Maximum support four PCIe, eight slots for expansion NIC modules, up to 24 GbE Copper/Fibre ports.
- 2.5 or 3.5” HDD/SSD support.
- Riser card for PCIe slot expansion.
- m-SATA, CompactFlash Type two.
The PL-81930 supports dual channel DDR4 Non-ECC, un-buffered DIMM (up to 2666MHz) and a maximum memory capacity of 64GB. With 24 PCIe lanes, the PL-81930 can support up to four NIC modules and multiple Ethernet module bays to provide flexible port configurations that include 1/10/25/40 Gigabit fibre, and Gigabit copper with optional BYPASS function.
The maximum number of GbE Ethernet ports supported is 24 for the unit. IO elements include two management Ethernet ports, a Console port, two USB 2.0 ports, a Graph LCD module with five-key keypad, and LEDs for power/HDD/2x GPIO. In addition, the PL-81930 has 2.5 or 3.5” SATA HDD/SSD, one m-SATA onboard and a CompactFlash Type two socket to provide support for basic network storage applications.
WIN Enterprises will customise this PL-81930 design based on more specific customer requirements.