5G receiver front ends configured in dual-channels
Availability and full design support capabilities for a family of RF and millimetre-wave front end modules from Analog Devices has been announced by Richardson RFPD.
These dual-channel receiver front-end multichip modules are designed for time division duplexing (TDD) applications that operate from 2.4-4.2 GHz (ADRF5545A), 3.7-5.3 GHz (ADRF5547) and 1.8-2.8 GHz (ADRF5549).
The devices are configured in dual channels with a cascading two-stage LNA and a high-power silicon SPDT switch.
They are well suited for wireless infrastructure, TDD massive multiple input and multiple output and active antenna systems, and TDD-based communication system applications.
Key features of the family of front end modules include:
- On-chip bias and matching
- Single supply operation
- ADRF5545A @ 3.6 GHz: 32 dB typ. high gain mode, 16 dB typ. low gain mode
- ADRF5547 @ 4.6 GHz: 33 dB typ. high gain mode, 18 dB typ. low gain mode
- ADRF5549 @ 2.3 GHz: 35 dB typ. high gain mode, 17 dB typ. low gain mode
- Low noise figure:
- ADRF5545A @ 3.6 GHz: 1.45 dB typ.
- ADRF5547 @ 4.6 GHz: 1.6 dB typ.
- ADRF5549 @ 2.3 GHz: 1.4 dB typ.
- Low insertion loss:
- ADRF5545A @ 3.6 GHz: 0.65 dB typ.
- ADRF5547 @ 4.6 GHz: 0.50 dB typ.
- ADRF5549 @ 2.3 GHz: 0.6 dB typ.
- High OIP3:
- ADRF5545A: +32 dBm typ.
- ADRF5547: +31 dBm typ.
- ADRF5549: +32 dBm typ.
- 6 mm x 6 mm, 40-lead LFCSP package