Polaroid announce its own 3D printer
Polaroid has confirmed a three-year partnership with UK manufacturer Environmental Business Products (EBP). EBP is Europe’s largest and longest established collector and remanufacturer of inkjet cartridges with over 20-years experience and credibility in the print industry. In 2014, the company diversified into the 3D printing market introducing the technology to their European customers.
Under the initial three-year collaboration with Polaroid, EBP will be the sole manufacturer of the Polaroid 3D printer and consumables range and will have exclusivity in 15 European markets. The launch product will be the Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer, which was unveiled at CES, making the brand the 'first' global household name to enter the 3D printing market.
The Polaroid 3D printer and consumable range will be available through reseller and retail outlets across Europe from early 2016.
Key features of the Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer:
- State of the art 3D printer with WiFi enabled camera inside
- Maximum model size 250x150x150mm
- Accurate auto calibration
- Vertical resolution (layer height) 50 – 350 micron
- Proprietary Helpful Printer Driver software for convenient consumables re-ordering and unique reseller benefits
- Nine PLA colours (pink, blue, green, yellow, orange, lime, black, white, silver) and wood
- Bi-directional smartchip mechanism on filament cartridge identifies filament levels and ensures correct material is used
- Revolutionary and transparent double-sided adhesive Z-Axis sheets applied to the print bed for effortless application, adhesion and model removal
“Throughout our history, the Polaroid brand has been associated with creating innovative products, but we’re also committed to making innovative technologies accessible to everyone,” said Scott W. Hardy, President and CEO, Polaroid. “Just as the first Polaroid Land camera enabled people to watch a picture instantly develop, our relationship with EBP will allow us to bring the magic of creating an object right before your eyes to consumers across Europe.”
Aleem Hosein, Managing Director, Environmental Business Products, added: “We are passionate about 3D print technology. Partnering with a trusted, household name like Polaroid will help 3D printing become part of everyone’s everyday life. EBP believes in offering the most creative and innovative experiences so it is great to partner with a brand which embodies the same values as us.”