Conformal coating protection of critical medical tech
Specialty Coating Systems (SCS) has announced that it is hosting a webinar on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 at 2pm EST. The webinar entitled, ‘Conformal Coating Protection of Critical Medical Technologies’ will be presented by Rakesh Kumar, Ph.D., Vice President of Technology, and Dick Molin, Medical Market Manager. The webinar is now open for registration.
The reliability of critical components, systems, and devices takes top priority in today’s healthcare environment. With the continued development of highly sophisticated capabilities to diagnose, treat and monitor patients comes the need to provide protection for these systems.
Conditions often detrimental to the performance and longevity of these critical technologies include moisture, chemicals and gases that impact safety and effectiveness over time. For more than four decades, Parylene conformal coatings have been used by design and manufacturing engineers to meet many of these challenges, while remaining biostable and biocompatible. This 60-minute webinar provides new insight into their attributes and discusses such benefits as:
- Truly conformal, ultra-thin, and pinhole-free coverage (no voids or gaps)
- Superior moisture and chemical barrier properties
- High dielectric strength in ultra-thin films
- Dry-film lubricity/low coefficient of friction
- Thermal stability up to 350°C long-term (450°C short-term)
- Compatibility with common sterilization methods
- Biocompatibility per ISO 10993 and USP Class VI
Although the coatings are used in the electronics, avionics/aerospace/defense, transportation, and energy markets, emphasis will be placed on medical applications, providing a glimpse into how Parylenes can benefit a wide range of medical devices and components.