Digi-Key at Embedded World 2022 with Semtech Corporation
At embedded world 2022, on the Digi-Key booth, Paige West speaks with Johannes Fottner, Manager Field Application Europe at Semtech Corporation about voltage suppression technologies.
Semtech has a long history of protecting against ESD (electrostatic discharge) and EOS (electrical overstress) and also surge protection for higher power policies.
Semtech’s SurgeSwitch devices are specifically designed to protect circuits and systems operating in harsh industrial and telecom environments.
Transient diverting suppressors (TDS), part of the SurgeSwitch portfolio, are designed to provide protection against electrical overstress events (EOS). These devices have superior clamping and stability over temperature when compared to standard transient voltage suppressor (TVS) devices.
Key features of SurgeSwitch
- Transient protection for high-speed data lines to: IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ±30kV (air), ±30kV (contact); IEC 61000-4-5 (Lightning) 40A (8/20μs)
- 22V, 33V, 45V, and 58V standoff voltage devices
- Protects one I/O or VBUS line
- Very small footprint: 1.6mm x 1.6mm package
- Pb-Free and RoHS/WEEE compliant