PXI-based solutions head to Battery Tech Expo
Pickering Interfaces will showcase its PXI-based switching and simulation solutions combined in a fully flexible Battery Management System (BMS) test demo at the Battery Tech Expo 2023 in Gothenburg, Sweden (September 28).
The battery industry is going through a power revolution, with tech companies investing heavily in the next generation of battery development and energy storage.
Battery Tech Expo is considered to be the number one event across the Nordic battery industry value chain, bringing together professionals from across the important advanced battery technology and energy storage sectors.
The 2023 event, which features over 50 exhibitors, will showcase the latest products, technologies and services spanning battery management systems, energy storage, EV & mobile device batteries, manufacturing and advanced materials, through to R&D, design, safety and second life.
Highlighting the benefits of using modular PXI-based switch and simulation products in BMS test systems, Paul Bovingdon, Simulation Product Manager at Pickering explains: “With the increasing adoption of electric vehicles (EVs), one significant challenge to be tackled is the effective testing and validation of Battery Management Systems (BMS). Using modular, PXI-based switch and simulation modules offers many advantages in BMS test, including flexibility to optimise the test system to meet exact requirements; simple modification to address evolving needs; and an open, industry-standard architecture that promotes system longevity and mitigates obsolescence while providing seamless integration of multi-vendor instrumentation modules.”
The BMS test demo on show includes the following Pickering products:
- 41-752A-011 PXI Battery Simulator – simulates batteries in a stacked architecture
- 40-190B-002 PXI Fault Insertion – simulates cell shorts and broken wires
- 40-297A-050 PXI Precision Resistor – simulates battery load
- 42-297A-150 PXIe Programmable Resistor – tests BMS isolation resistance check
- 41-743-001 PXI Programmable Power Supply – simulates a battery charger
- 43-920-001 PXI Embedded Controller
- 42-925-001 PXIe 18-slot Chassis