Farnell now shipping Power Integrations’ high-power products from stock
The expanded portfolio of solutions from Power Integrations now includes 45 high-power products available for fast delivery from Farnell.
Farnell, an Avnet Company and global distributor of electronic components, products and solutions, has strengthened its comprehensive range of power offerings with the addition of Power Integrations’ high-power gate-driver products now available for fast delivery from stock.
Power Integrations’ high-power product range is defined by:
- SCALE-2: Plug-and-Play
- ISO5125I: DC-DC Power Supply
- SCALE-2: Driver Core
- SCALE-2+: Driver Core
- SCALE-iDriver: AEC-Q100 Qualified ICs
Power Integrations’ high-power products offer designers plug-and-play gate drivers for insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs), with blocking voltages from 600 V to 6500 V delivering from 1 W to 20 W of gate drive per channel. They also offer gate drivers for traditional MOSFETs and SiC MOSFETs, as well as IGBTs. SCALE gate drivers are critical components in high-power systems such as solar and wind energy, industrial motor drives, automotive, electric vehicles, railway applications and high-voltage DC transmission lines.
Power Integrations’ universally applicable gate driver technology, found in their ICs and cores, also supports plug-and-play drivers which cover a large selection of high-power and high-voltage gate driver modules. All plug-and-play drivers are equipped with DC-DC converters, short-circuit protection, active clamping, supply monitoring and more.
Farnell is offering fast delivery of the Power Integrations high-power portfolio, including:
- Plug-and-Play, core and IC products
- SCALE-2 Plug-and-Play IGBT Gate Driver 1SP0335: Featuring a separate power supply unit for IGBT modules, this IGBT gate driver has fiber optic interfaces and +15 V (regulated) / -10 V gate driving. It supports two-level and multi-level topologies with dynamic IGBT short-circuit protection and dynamic advanced active clamping. The 1SP0335 is designed to drive IGBT modules safely and reliably with an isolation voltage of 10.2 kV and blocking voltages from 3.3 kV to 6.5 kV. The driver is optimized for high-reliability applications in the rail sector and uses a main/peripheral structure that allows the safe operation of parallel-connected IGBT modules. Matched drivers are also available for all mechanically compatible IGBT modules. The plug-and-play configuration allows immediate operation after mounting, ensuring no time is wasted designing or adjusting the driver for a specific application. The ISO5125I DC-DC converters are offered with various isolation voltages to cover the complete range from 3.3 kV to 6.5 kV IGBT applications from 2-level to multi-level topologies.
- SCALE-2 Plug-and-Play Gate Driver 1SP0635 An onboard DC-DC power supply, this IGBT gate driver has fiber optic interfaces and +15 V (regulated) / -10 V gate driving. It supports two-level and multi-level topologies with dynamic IGBT short-circuit protection and dynamic advanced active clamping. The 1SP0635 is designed to drive IGBT modules safely and reliably with an isolation voltage of 6.05 kV and blocking voltages up to 3.3 kV. The driver is optimized for high-reliability applications in the rail sector and uses a main/peripheral structure that allows the safe operation of parallel-connected IGBT modules. Matched drivers are also available for all mechanically compatible IGBT modules. The plug-and-play configuration allows immediate operation after mounting, ensuring no time is wasted designing or adjusting the driver for a specific applications.
- 2SP0115T Dual-Channel SCALE-2:A compact plug-and-play driver for standard 17 mm IGBT modules. The driver features an electrical interface with a built-in DC-DC power supply. Applications include wind power converters, industrial drives, UPS, power factory correctors, traction, railroad power supplies, welding, radiology and laser technology, SMPS, research and more.
- 2SP0320 Dual-Channel SCALE-2:A compact plug-and-play driver designed for 1200 and 1700 V PrimePack™ IGBT modules. The gate driver features an electrical or fiber optic interface with a built in DC-DC supply and allows parallel connection of IGBT modules for 2-level, 3-level and multilevel topologies. Key features include high reliability, long service life, and easy integration to shorten application development time.
- SCALE-2 Driver Cores: Power Integrations’ gate driver cores provide a highly flexible solution by including all commonly required driver functions. Driver cores for IGBTs are available with blocking voltage capabilities from 600 V to 6500 V and from 1 W to 20 W per channel. They are also suitable for driving power MOSFETs and devices based on new materials (SiC) operating at switching frequencies up to 500 kHz.
- SCALE-iDriver ICs: These ICs are highly integrated single-channel IGBT and SiC MOSFET gate drivers in a standard eSOP™ package. Reinforced galvanic isolation is delivered using Power Integrations’ innovative solid insulator FluxLink™ technology. FluxLink technology eliminates the need for short-lived opto-electronics and associated compensation circuitry, thereby enhancing operational stability while reducing system complexity.
- Automotive applications
- SCALE- iDriver: SCALE-iDriver ICs are AEC-Q100 qualified and designed to drive 650 V, 750 V and 1200 V automotive IGBT and SiC-MOSFET modules. Other key features include 1200 V reinforced isolation up to 5000 m, 9.5 mm creepage, low profile 2.67 mm packaging and bi-directional communication.
Simon Meadmore, Vice President of Product and Supplier Management at Farnell, said: “We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of high-power products from Power Integrations, including certified products for automotive applications. This extended portfolio ensures we can support a wider range of customers, such as designers requiring the latest power solutions for electric vehicle and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle applications.
“Farnell is also stocking products for emerging SiC and MOSFET applications to address this burgeoning market and by expanding our line of high-power products from Power Integrations, we enable our customers to maintain a competitive edge and bring to market new, innovative solutions much faster.”
Power Integrations is a leading innovator in semiconductor technologies for high-voltage power conversion. The company’s integrated circuits enable compact, energy-efficient AC-DC power supplies for an extensive range of electronic products including smartphones, appliances, smart home and business automation, smart utility meters, LED lights and numerous industrial and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. Customers can also benefit from PI Expert™, an automated power supply design tool which supports both silicon MOSFET and PowiGaN™-based devices and multiple power supply architectures. The web-based programme speeds up the design process by generating the full schematic, magnetics and BOM from basic parametric inputs.
Farnell offers an extensive range of products in its semiconductor portfolio to support design engineers. Customers also have free access to online resources, datasheets, application notes, videos, and webinars.
Power Integrations’ high-power products are now available for fast delivery from Farnell in EMEA, element14in APAC and Newark in North America.