The connected smart future at electronica 2018
At this year’s electronica trade fair, Avnet Silica, an Avnet company, will participate as part of the joint Avnet EMEA presence located in Hall C5, Stand 101. The company will showcase its advanced semiconductor-based solutions, and as one of four major business units on the stand, together will demonstrate the broad competences of Avnet’s unique ecosystem.
In addition Avnet Silica will have a dedicated automotive booth in Hall B4, Stand 514.
The demonstrations for Avnet Silica will focus on two areas. The first area will display the latest technologies in the fields of wireless and cloud connectivity, security for the IoT, power solutions including wireless charging, and advanced sensors for applications such as predictive maintenance.
This demo suite exemplifies Avnet Silica’s extensive expertise in all these technologies plus its strong capabilities in helping customers make the right hardware and software choices in the development of complete end-to-end solutions.
The second area will feature a series of advanced system solutions that have been developed by customers and other key partners in close collaboration with Avnet Silica. These will focus on how the next generation of system solutions may have a significant influence on society and on our lives.
Topics include: end-to-end technologies for smart cities, Industry 4.0, artificial intelligence (AI), vision systems, automotive, lighting and communications.
Key demos in the system solutions area will include:
- An AI-accelerated camera development system that comes with various computer vision and machine-learning application examples including object detection, face recognition, segmentation and video analytics.
- A smart coffee machine that allows the monitoring and analysis of parameters such as usage, consumption, cleaning cycles and faults, with data visualisation available in the cloud.
- V2H (Vehicle-to-Home) applications where the car becomes the control centre for the home.
- An urban vehicle sharing application that enables a fully digital rental process for next-generation mobility services such as e-Scooter or car sharing in a smart city.
- The Microsoft HoloLens self-contained holographic computer featuring a digital twin of a fill-level control system.
- Advanced wearable technology with the world’s first and only smart electronic system to deliver automated temperature control integrated into the fabric of outerwear.
- The Microsoft Azure Sphere highly-secure MCU cloud solution.
- The Panda collaborative robot, which deploys sensor technologies and intelligence to enable the skillful manipulation of objects, as well as safe interaction with people.
"At electronica 2018, we will be showcasing the smart products of tomorrow,” said Frank Hansen, Vice President Technical Resources and Marketing EMEA at Avnet Silica. “Working hand in hand with our silicon partners, Avnet Silica is at the forefront of technological development in areas such as AI and IoT across a diverse range of applications and market sectors. More than this, Avnet helps customers bring their ideas to market faster, helping them to master complex technologies and quickly progress their initial concepts through the design cycle to product prototyping and into volume production.”