Product demo focuses on live parcel tracking service
Avnet Abacus will participate at this year’s electronica in Munich (November 13-16) as part of a consolidated Avnet EMEA presence. Avnet Abacus is one of four major business units that will each host a dedicated area of the stand, demonstrating the capabilities and support provided by the Avnet ecosystem.
Showcasing diverse technology expertise and leading-edge capabilities Avnet Abacus has selected six innovative products to be highlighted at its dedicated space. Each of these has been developed with the advice and support of technical experts at Avnet Abacus, in conjunction with its strategic franchise partners.
One key product demonstration in the Avnet Abacus space will be ParceLive - Hanhaa’s live parcel-tracking service, which allows users to determine the exact location and condition of their parcel in real time anywhere in the world. The development of this application is a good example of the close cooperation between Avnet Abacus and its franchise partners, helping customers to turn ideas into commercial successes by bringing their products to market quickly.
Additional demonstrations on the stand showcase solutions where Avnet Abacus delivered expert guidance in areas such as component selection, development of specific testing and/or evaluation procedures to meet standards, and improved management of a customer’s supply chain.
- The HYPERVSN display system, which creates, displays and manages hologram-like visuals by combining innovative 3D display and holographic projection technologies.
- A smart-sensor-based parking system from Smart City, which is being deployed in a number of advanced parking schemes located in many cities across Germany.
- The TRUMPF TruDisk system, which enables the precise customisation of high-powered laser-cutting applications.
- The advanced BQ Witbox Go! which delivers fast 3D printing in the home.
- An advanced NetCom communications module, which uses ultra-reliable wireless communication for fire control applications.
“These innovative products on display at electronica are demonstrable evidence of our knowhow and our expertise in helping to bring our customers’ ideas and designs to market in a timely manner,” said Alan Jermyn, vice president European Marketing at Avnet Abacus. “We can deliver world-class prototype to production support to companies of all sizes and across a diverse range of applications and end-user markets. Working in partnership with our strategic franchise partners, we help our customers meet the challenge of understanding and adopting new, complex, and fast-evolving technologies.”