O’Reilly courses, content, and live events on language models and ChatGPT
O’Reilly has announced a line-up of content, courses, and events focused on the emergence of large language models (LLMs) and ChatGPT, the AI chatbot developed by OpenAI.
Central to these resources is the ChatGPT: Possibilities and Pitfalls live event sponsored by deepset, taking place on Tuesday, April 25, from 11:00am to 3:00pm ET.
The virtual event features O’Reilly founder and CEO Tim O’Reilly in discussion with Microsoft corporate vice president of search and AI Jordi Ribas and GitHub CEO Thomas Dohmke, two business leaders who have already revolutionised their products with advanced AI. Expert speakers will address the potential impacts of ChatGPT and large language models, explain how to avoid missteps as organisations look to integrate this new AI, and share actionable ways to deal with large datasets and data augmentation, various model architectures, domain adaptation, and inference challenges.
The event schedule includes the following sessions:
- Reshaping search with Bing—Jordi Ribas and Tim O’Reilly
- The future of developer AI and Copilot X—Thomas Dohmke and Tim O’Reilly
- Connecting GPT with your data: How to tailor responses to your use case and avoid hallucination—Malte Pietsch, Cofounder and CTO at deepset
- Building applications using Large Language Models—Matt Welsh, Cofounder and CEO of Fixie.ai
- Reassessing intelligence: Insights from Large Language Models and the quest for general AI—Blaise Agüera y Arcas, VP and fellow at Google Research
- Revolutionising financial advisory: Morgan Stanley's innovative use of LLMs—David Wu, Managing Director at Morgan Stanley and WM head of knowledge management
- Using LLMs to enhance personalised learning—O’Reilly VP of Product Adam Witwer, with Lucky Gunasekara and Andy Hsieh, Cofounders of Miso.ai
“I’ve been present for—and participated in—some of the biggest technological advancements of the past four decades. Today, we are at the next inflexion point — one that is perhaps the most impactful yet,” said Tim O’Reilly. “However, we can’t properly harness what we do not understand. Learning about large language models is now vital for every business and every knowledge worker.”
On 27th June 2023, O’Reilly will present a special AI event hosted by analyst, consultant, engineer, researcher, and writer George Anadiotis, featuring Hugging Face research lead Nazneen Rajani. Titled “What’s New in AI: Large Language Model Evaluation, Robustness, and Interpretability,” the event gives users the chance to hear from leading minds in the field on topics such as generative AI, large language models, responsible AI, current regulations, and other notable developments.
For users just starting out, O’Reilly’s ChatGPT playlist contains content on the transformer architecture of GPT models, developments in generative AI, building applications with GPT-based models, and more. Additionally, O’Reilly has slated a series of live and on-demand courses covering topics related to LLMs and ChatGPT, including:
Writing effective prompts for ChatGPT: 27th April 2023
ChatGPT and GitHub Copilot in 4 Hours (Pearson): 3rd May 2023
Deploying GPT and Large Language Models (Pearson): 10th May 2023
ChatGPT for software engineers: 17th May 2023
Prompt engineering for generating AI art and text: 18th May 2023
Natural Language Processing in 5 weeks: 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th Sep & 3rd Oct 2023