LoRaWAN World Expo bringing together industry visionaries with technology
The LoRa Alliance, the global association of companies backing the open LoRaWAN standard for the IoT low-power wide-area networks (LPWANs), has launched the formal program for LoRaWAN World Expo, taking place at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, from the 29th to 30th of March, 2022.
“I look forward to welcoming the global IoT community to the LoRaWAN World Expo next March to celebrate the tremendous impact that LoRaWAN is having around the world. Hosted in Paris for two thought-provoking days, the Expo will highlight how the power of LoRaWAN is improving lives globally while enabling IoT to scale as never before,” said Donna Moore, CEO and Chairwoman of the LoRa Alliance.
“As the official LoRaWAN event of 2022 from the LoRa Alliance, we are excited to bring together leaders from the IoT industry, standards organisations and regulatory entities who share the vision that LoRaWAN is key to enabling massive IoT. The LoRaWAN World Expo is truly the can’t-miss event of 2022 for any individual or business developing IoT solutions.”
The expo will include access to the full LoRaWAN ecosystem, an unparalleled opportunity to network with leading experts and businesses using LoRaWAN. Attendees will gain an understanding of how to accelerate their LoRaWAN activities across any vertical or geographic region to grow their business. Additionally, visitors will experience the impact of LoRaWAN firsthand, see how companies are leveraging LoRaWAN to expand their business models, and learn the fundamentals of LoRaWAN technology.
Key takeaways include:
- Why LoRaWAN technology is having such a tremendous global impact
- Why LoRaWAN is the only LPWAN scaling globally, with the most deployments
- How LoRaWAN’s business model flexibility is giving consumers choice to meet their IoT requirements
- How businesses can accelerate their return on investment
“In the past few years, a variety of industries have adopted LoRaWAN and developed key IoT applications that make our planet smarter, safer. The LoRaWAN World Expo is an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the influence and positive impact that LoRaWAN has our community and IoT industry,” said Mohan Maheswaran, President and CEO at Semtech.
- Why LoRaWAN is essential – Donna Moore, LoRa Alliance
- Stacey Higginbotham, Stacey on IoT
- The value of standards – Bilel Jamoussi, ITU
- Laure de la Raudière, President, Arcep
- Mariya Gabriel, UE Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Michael MacKenzie, General Manager of AWS IoT Core, IoT Device Management, AWS
- Alicia Asín Pérez, Co-Founder and CEO of Libelium
- Tony Shakib, GM/Partner, Microsoft Azure IoT
- Alistair Fulton, General Manager and Vice President, IoT / LoRa and Consumer Sensing Businesses at Semtech
- Use cases and deployment methodologies for large enterprises and governments – Cisco Networks
- Healthcare – CareBand and Aritium Technologies
- Natural disaster prevention and recovery technologies – Decentlab and Thingy IOT
- Climate change – Blue IoT, MClimate, JSC, Talkpool, Logical Buildings
- Smart cities interactive panel
- LoRaWAN in action: two end-user discussions on roaming and utilities
Technical sessions and workshops
- Build and operate a private LoRaWAN network on AWS
- Master class, IoT: ideas vs. reality – LORIOT
- Getting started with the LCTT Pre-Testing Tool – IMST GmbH
- Using sticker-like sensors to connect smart building surfaces to the cloud – LAIIER